Atelier Traduction
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, 144 Hz, FreeSync ...
399 € 499 €
Voir le deal

Conseils pour les softsubs

2 participants

Conseils pour les softsubs Empty Conseils pour les softsubs

Message par NoharOS Dim 9 Oct - 21:12

Bonjour. Pardonnez-moi si mon français n'est pas bon. J'essaie de créer des sous-titres à la volée pour Xenogears afin de minimiser l'espace fichier pour un projet où les noms des personnages sont rétablis (par exemple Karellen over Krelian). En lisant les sujets précédents, je comprends que les gens ne veulent pas partager le code source, mais j'aimerais avoir des conseils pour savoir par où commencer pour implémenter les sous-titres.
NoharOS
NoharOS

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Conseils pour les softsubs Empty Re: Conseils pour les softsubs

Message par RyleFury Mer 12 Oct - 7:22

Hello.

You can write in English, it doesn't bother me. I got a glimpse of your project, could you give me more details about it?

Inserting soft-subs is not an easy task, and several solutions exist to do it.

The first one (and mine) is to implement images into the decoded subframes in the RAM with the CPU just after they are decoded and before they are sent into the VRAM. The subroutine(s) you have to create must be very optimized to prevent slowdowns.

You also can create and implement a font in the same way, the problem is, it will be less optimized, and it's pretty critical with the PS1.

A last way would be to use the already existing subroutine for writing text ingame over the videos. It could be bad optimized too.

I don't know your skills on ASM or if you have any either but it asks for advanced skills for sure.
RyleFury
RyleFury
Admin

https://ateliertraduction.forumgaming.fr

Message par NoharOS Mer 12 Oct - 11:06

Thanks for responding. As for the project I'm working on, it's primarily dedicated to creating a more faithful English translation for Xenogears, though it provides benefits as well for those who are interested.

Right now though, the implementation is admittedly a lot more 'guerrilla' than the undub and French hacks you made. If the first approach allows for the best optimization, then I'll try to aim towards it. Admittedly, my skills with ASM are non-existent. Are there any tutorials available for ASM with the PS1 specifically?
NoharOS
NoharOS

Message par RyleFury Mer 12 Oct - 11:19

You could search documentation and tutorials on ASM in general for starting, like x86 for PC for example, they are the most common ones. PS1 uses MIPS instructions and Armips is a tool to insert ASM into PS1 executable files (Xenogears contains a main executable file, the SLUS one, and one by area). However, it's pretty long to learn.

But there are not tutorials to insert soft-subs, it's too complicated. I wanted to do it, but some life circumstances demotivated me. Anyway, good luck if you want to do it by yourself.

Dernière édition par RyleFury le Mer 12 Oct - 13:47, édité 1 fois
RyleFury
RyleFury
Admin

https://ateliertraduction.forumgaming.fr

Message par NoharOS Mer 12 Oct - 12:38

This actually gives me quite a bit to work with as a starting point. Thanks for letting me know.
NoharOS
NoharOS

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé